Michael Sam speaks about chance with Cowboys, his boyfriend and heading home to Texas

Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted by an NFL team, says he is excited for a chance to play for the Dallas Cowboys.

The defensive end will come to Valley Ranch on Wednesday to take a physical. If all goes well, he is expected to join the team on the practice squad.

Sam told the Daily Mail about his arrival to D-FW airport Tuesday evening and said he hasn’t even had a chance to speak with his family yet.

His father, who reportedly was upset with Sam’s gay revelation, lives in the Dallas area. Sam was born in Galveston and played high school ball at nearby Hitchcock High.

“I’m excited to be a Cowboy, it’s great to be heading home,” Sam said. “It has all happened so quickly, but it’s exciting, I just wanna get back to playing football you know.”

Though he grew up in Texas, Sam said “I never followed the Cowboys growing up because I never had a team. I am a fan of defenses and Dallas need some help, that’s why I’m going.”

Sam told the Daily Mail his boyfriend, Vito Cammisano, is staying behind for this trip.

“Vito is staying in St Louis for now, I don’t know how long this trip is gonna be,” he said.

Sam was cut by the St. Louis Rams this past weekend after drafting him in the seventh round in May. The Cowboys were initially not interested in him, but have changed their minds for numerous reasons.

“I’m excited to be to be joining Dallas, I just want to play football, it’s great to be heading back to my home state. … It’s been a roller coaster this past week but I’m happy where I’m at now. … I’m just looking forward to being a Cowboy, my focus is on making the team.”
Michael Sam speaks about chance with Cowboys, his boyfriend and heading home to Texas Michael Sam speaks about chance with Cowboys, his boyfriend and heading home to Texas Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 12:53:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV