Cowboys WR Cole Beasley clears concussion protocol, ready to play Sunday vs. Chiefs



FRISCO -- Cowboys receiver Cole Beasley said Friday he will play Sunday against Kansas City after clearing his final test in the league's concussion protocol.
Beasley suffered a concussion in Sunday's win at Washington when his helmet hit the ground. He didn't practice Wednesday, was limited in practice Thursday but fully participated Friday. He's officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game.
"I'm feeling well," Beasley said. "Practice went good. It felt good, it felt normal. I feel like I'm good to go."
Beasley said he never really suffered any serious concussion symptoms, but did feel some side effects from his helmet hitting the ground when the Cowboys tested him on the sideline during the game.
"It wasn't crazy," Beasley said. "It was just kind of some dizziness when I hit the ground and it only lasted for a little while. I was able to pass most of the concussion test stuff, but some of the stuff we did it started making me kind of nauseous and made feel like I was going to throw up and they held me out."
Beasley said this was the first time he's suffered a concussion in the NFL. He said he hasn't been through a "concussion protocol" very often.
"The last time I was in it, [well] it was probably high school or middle school," Beasley said, "so there was no kind of protocol then. It was, 'Do you feel alright or not?'"


source: sportsday.dallasnews.com
Cowboys WR Cole Beasley clears concussion protocol, ready to play Sunday vs. Chiefs Cowboys WR Cole Beasley clears concussion protocol, ready to play Sunday vs. Chiefs Reviewed by Anonymous on 7:00:00 AM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV