Dez Bryant: I could have done a better job against Richard Sherman, but I’ll take the win

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant (88) gets by Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman during the first half of their game Sunday, October 12, 2014 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Wash. (G.J. McCarthy/The Dallas Morning News)

Richard Sherman doesn’t usually follow receivers around. Seattle’s All Pro corner generally stays on the left side of the field. But Dez Bryant has a way of making defenses adjust on the fly.

After Bryant caught three passes for 47 yards in the first half, the Seahawks adjusted by having Sherman shadow the Pro Bowl wide receiver on both sides of the field for the majority of the final two quarters.

Seattle starting cornerback Byron Maxwell suffered an ankle sprain early in the second quarter, making it even more important to have Sherman follow Bryant around.

“They kind of tracked Dez, and they hadn’t done that before,” Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said. “That was a little out of character for them.”

Bryant had a 23-yard catch with Sherman defending late in the first half. Sherman was called for tripping on the play, giving the Cowboys an additional 10 yards. Early in the third, Sherman was called for pass interference while defending Bryant.

Bryant, who finished with four catches for 63 yards, only had one reception in the second half, a 16-yard gain with 6:55 remaining. Sherman defended Bryant particularly well on consecutive plays early in the fourth quarter. Both Romo throws to Bryant fell incomplete.

“I knew me and Sherman were going to be going against each other a lot,” Bryant said. “He’s one of the best, arguably the best. I had to bring my A-game today. I could have done a lot better job, but we got the W.”
Dez Bryant: I could have done a better job against Richard Sherman, but I’ll take the win Dez Bryant: I could have done a better job against Richard Sherman, but I’ll take the win Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 2:44:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV