Sterling Moore doesn't see a role change

As far as Sterling Moore understands it, nothing about his role has changed.

When the Dallas Cowboys take on the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, Moore will be the Cowboys’ fourth cornerback behind Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick and Morris Claiborne, who briefly walked away from the team on Tuesday.

"It's been the same thing -- I'm out there competing with all three of those guys," Moore said. "That's the way I look at it in my mind and that's what they've always told me. I always go for the top guys. I'm not just going for (Scandrick) in the inside or Mo on the outside or Brandon Carr. I'm going for everybody that's always been my attitude."

Moore played in two snaps in last week’s win against the St. Louis Rams with Scandrick’s return from a suspension. He played the nickel role in Scandrick’s absence, playing 39 snaps against the San Francisco 49ers and 44 against the Tennessee Titans.

"I've always been a guy, anytime I go out there, I feel like I can go out there and make plays," Moore said. "It’s just a matter of going out there and getting those opportunities and the kinds of things that I've been through in my career I know those opportunities are going to come now or later. You just have to be ready when they come."

Moore has been credited with eight tackles by the coaches with one tackle for loss, one quarterback pressure, two pass deflections and a forced fumble.

"I've been pleased," Moore said of his start to the season. "I obviously have to continue that and things have kinda slowed down for me playing wise and now it’s about continuing that and escalate my game."

Sterling Moore doesn't see a role change Sterling Moore doesn't see a role change Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 11:39:00 AM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV