Five questions with: Cole Beasley

With the players entering the downtime of the offseason, we offer up a Five Questions segment.

Today's subject is Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Cole Beasley.

Beasley has developed into one of the Cowboys' top threats from the slot. He caught 39 passes for 368 yards and two touchdowns last season. This offseason wide receivers coach Derek Dooley said Beasley has expanded his route tree, but he will mostly continue to work the slot as one of Tony Romo's security blankets.

What is your first football memory?

Beasley: It would probably be my first year playing football I was a lineman. I came to the team late and they didn't know where to play me so they just threw me on the line. I played my first game ever as a right tackle. I was in third grade, so I guess I was 8. They moved me to receiver the next game.

If you could play any other position, what would it be?

Beasley: Quarterback. You have the ball in your hands at all times.

If you were commissioner for a day, what rule would you change?

Beasley: NFL rule? That's a good question. I don't know, man. I mean to me the rules are for the offense. They kind of favor the offense, so I'll say the rule that you can't dunk on the goal post. How about that?

Who is the non-Cowboy you respect the most in football?

Beasley: Wes Welker, that one is easy. He opened the door for people like me. I guess me and him we're people that make everybody feel like they can play. I know that's how it was for me. I didn't really think that way because I understood it takes a lot more than just talent. A lot of people think they can do what we do, but he was the first guy who really did it undersized that wasn't just blazing like a Tim Dwight or someone like that. It would be Wes for me.

If you weren't playing football, what would you be doing?

Beasley: Playing basketball. Hahaha. Somewhere. Anywhere they would let me go. If not that, then coaching.

Five questions with: Cole Beasley Five questions with: Cole Beasley Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 12:56:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV