Anthony Spencer: Hopefully I’ll be back by training camp

The Cowboys have re-signed defensive end Anthony Spencer, which answers one question about Spencer’s future.

Still to be answered is the one about when he’ll be ready to get back on the field after having microfracture surgery on his left knee last year. Spencer said Monday that he won’t be participating in organized team activities this spring and that he will “hopefully” be ready to go when the Cowboys start training camp in late July.

“It’s getting there,” Spencer said, via ESPNDallas.com. “I’ve probably got another month or so. When I had the surgery, they said it was a six- to eight-month recovery. I’m in the five- to seven-month range now. I just need to continue to get it stronger and stronger.”

Spencer should be a starter come September, but his injury history means that the Cowboys can’t make too many assumptions about his availability. That’s one of several reasons why the team should be looking for help at defensive end in the draft next month.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Anthony Spencer: Hopefully I’ll be back by training camp Anthony Spencer: Hopefully I’ll be back by training camp Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 5:55:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV