Cowboys Draft rumors

With only 45 days till the NFL Draft we are starting to see teams narrow there options and announcing visits.  It’s the time of year you see just as much smoke as you do fire.  The Cowboys have already announced a few individual visits with North Dakota St OT Billy Turner, Iowa TE CJ Fiedorowicz, Liberty DB Walt Aikens, Arizona St DL Davon Coleman and Oregon DE Taylor Hart. 

I was recently told the Cowboys have very little interest in adding any of the premier Safety’s in this class with the 16th selection or early in this draft at all.  As it appears now you can cross Alabama S Clinton Dix or Louisville S Calvin Pryor off the list unless they drop significantly into the 2nd round.

It appears one of the players rising up the Cowboys board is Auburn DE Dee Ford.  As I have been told by several scouts there seems to be much less fear in NFL War Rooms about Fords ability to handle a full time duty as a 4-3 DE in the NFL then there is by the media and fans. As one scout told me, his ability to defend the run and anchor is probably one of the most over looked aspects of his game.

It was made very clear to me by several sources that the signing of Henry Melton has little no effect on the Cowboys approach heading into this draft.  If a 3-tech DT should be available that the Cowboys have ranked highly they will be more then willing to pull the trigger.  This includes long time favorite Pitt DT Aaron Donald.  As I was told. “He is very much on the radar” at 16.

Long time friend and Insider, Hostile has let us in on a possible trade scenario between the Cowboys and Brown contingent on the availability of a prospect of interest.  As Hos stated a possible deal including the Cowboys 16th selection in round 1 and a 4th rounder could be in player for the Browns 26th pick in Round 1 and the 35th pick in Round 2.  While a lot need to play out I think we will be seeing more of these scenario’s pick up as we get closer to the draft.

I have long been a advocate for Notre Dame OT Zack Martin at 16 but it now appears his stock is not only cooling but may be taking a significant drop.  It has been brought to my attention the Cowboys see Martin as a OG and are not high on his future as a RT in the league.  On that note I’m told he is not even in the top two OG’s on the Cowboys board.

I have received the first rumor of a “Red Flag” removal and while a lid is being put on this type of information being leaked it now appears the Cowboys have removed a once highly rated and possible top 10 selection Offensive Tackle from their board.  As I can only speculate I have been told I would be “well informed” if I ventured a guess that the prospect would be Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandijo.

While it’s unlikely he will be on the board at 16 I’m told UCLA LB/DE Anthony Barr is a name making waves in the Cowboys War Room.

Speaking of UCLA, a name that continues to come up in discussions when talking about 3rd day prospects is UCLA DL Cassius Marsh who I’m told the Cowboys will bring in for a visit as well.

Finally, we all like to talk about the QB’s and while the Cowboys currently have 3 on the roster with Romo, Orton and newly signed Weeden I still get reports that the Cowboys are VERY interested in adding a young signal caller in this draft.  As one source told me it would need to be a “pick of opportunity” and with the focus on the likes of Eastern Illinois Jimmy Garoppolo, Alabama AJ McCarron, LSU Zach Mattenberger and San Jose St David Fales all who the Cowboys have shown interest in I’m told the two who might present the “ideal situation” for the Cowboys are Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage who I’m told could go as high as Round 5 and TCU QB Casey Pachall who the Cowboys may use a 7th round selection on to avoid a bidding war.

Cowboys Draft rumors Cowboys Draft rumors Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 11:37:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV