Jerry Jones explains why he’s the Cowboys’ General Manager

Jerry Jones is known for being potentially the most involved owner in sports not named Mark Cuban. Some think that’s a good thing for the Dallas Cowboys, while others…not so much.
While most NFL franchises have an owner, general manager and a normal front office, Jones is the Cowboys’ front office. Not only does he own the team, and the gorgeous football palace known as AT&T Stadium, he acts as the general manager as well.
That means not only is he making business decisions, but he’s making intricate football decision. Those are two stressful, big-time jobs normally reserved for two highly qualified people. Jones does them both for the Cowboys.
He explained why today on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas (h/t to  Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com for the transcription):
“It’s often said that, why don’t I get someone to be the GM?” Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan. “Why don’t I get someone to pick the players? Well, who in the world do you think that person when they walk through the door and say, ‘We want to get this player or we want to pay this player,’ what in the world do you think I’m going to do? I’m going to sit down and I’m going to go through it and I’m going to say, ‘Show me the player. Show me everything about the player before I write the check. Show me the player and let me see everything about the player.’
“Well, rather than that have happen, I get involved in it and know everything about the players before they get to the door. That, if you’ve got the time to do it, that’s a better way to do it.”
It’s tough not to respect what Jones has done for the Cowboys, and one can’t deny his passion or work ethic. When all is said and done, he’ll go down as one of the best owners in sports history, and he’ll be an NFL legend.
With that said, considering the state of the Cowboys right now after their most recent choke-job to the Packers, and the general playoff ineptitude of the organization during the Tony Romo era; perhaps it’s time for Jones to re-evaluate.
He’s got a tough job, and believe you me, if you spread yourself too thin at work, things will suffer.
Is Jones doing too much? Would the Cowboys be better off with a dedicated and focused GM?
Jerry doesn’t think so. Of course.
Jerry Jones explains why he’s the Cowboys’ General Manager Jerry Jones explains why he’s the Cowboys’ General Manager Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 2:43:00 PM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV