Murray Not Ruling Himself Out Yet After Missing Practice

 Running back DeMarco Murray isn’t ready to rule himself out just yet.

Murray sprained his knee in Sunday’s win against the Redskins and was thought to be unavailable for at least a week, but he’s not ready to declare himself out after missing Wednesday’s practice.

“I’m preparing like I’m playing this week, the way I’m preparing mentally in the classroom, physically on the field,” Murray said. “We haven’t said which way, what we’re going to do yet. It all depends on how comfortable I am. We were able to do some things today, and I felt good.”


Despite missing Wednesday’s practice, Murray said he was able to run with the trainers on the side. He’s not going to put a timetable on his return, but he’s going to prepare this week as if he’s ready to go.

The news that Murray can run at all is positive considering the initial prognosis. Earlier this week, owner/general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 FM “The Fan” that Murray would likely miss the Eagles game and potentially return next week.

“I don’t know what’s being said,” Murray said. “My intention is to work hard and possibly do everything I can to play this week. Now is that going to happen? I don’t know. I’m not saying one way or another, but I had a good day today. I’m going to do what the trainers tell me to do, and we’re going to see what happens later on in the week.”

Murray isn’t sure if he’ll need a brace when he returns. He’s never had a knee sprain like the one he’s going through, but he said pain isn’t an issue. It’s just a matter of how he feels later in the week.

He also said he’s not getting impatient or stressed about suffering yet another injury, after missing six games last season with a sprained foot. Murray pledged to play in all 16 games in the offseason.

“It’s a physical game,” Murray said. “Everyone comes across a little something here and there, a little ding. It happens.”

If Murray isn’t able to go, rookie running back Joseph Randle is likely to carry the load after taking all the handoffs following Murray’s injury last week. Murray said he thinks Randle can handle his duties if he can’t go against the Eagles.

“He’s been here for quite some time,” Murray said. “I talk to him when I can and try to give him some pointers. He’s been playing this position for a long time. Just go out there and play hard. He knows the offense and he’ll do well.”
Murray Not Ruling Himself Out Yet After Missing Practice Murray Not Ruling Himself Out Yet After Missing Practice Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 8:19:00 AM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV