Murray wants to be Cowboy 'forever'

DeMarco Murray is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys, but the running back does not want to go anywhere else.

"Forever," Murray said when he was asked how long he would like to be a Cowboy. "I love Dallas. I love playing football there. I love the fans. I love the organization. It's great. I want to stay there as long as they will allow me."

Murray, who is set to make $1.406 million in the final year of his rookie deal, is coming off his first Pro Bowl season in which he rushed for 1,121 yards and nine touchdowns. He also caught 53 passes for 350 yards and one touchdown.

Wide receiver Dez Bryant is also entering the final year of his contract, and the Cowboys have had some discussions with his agent. The Cowboys exercised the fifth-year option on Tyron Smith's deal for 2015 but would like to sign the Pro Bowl left tackle.

The Cowboys are not currently in talks with Murray's agent. The 2014 free-agent market for running backs was slow with the highest average per year coming in at $3.5 million. Running backs have also been de-valued in the draft as well. None have gone in the first round in the last two years.

"I'm not worried about my contract," Murray said. "I'm going to let the cards unfold the way they unfold and continue to work hard like I always do."

With the Cowboys' offseason ending Thursday at the conclusion of the mandatory minicamp, Murray's work will not end. He will return home to Las Vegas for some mixed martial arts training. On Monday Murray was in New York City for the unveiling of EA Sports' newest UFC video game.

"I think the biggest thing for me is the conditioning level," Murray said. "Those guys work hard and the conditioning is second to none. You get the random break from running, but at the same time I'm using my entire body with whatever my trainer is having me do."

Murray calls himself a "huge gamer," and is a fan of the game. He lost to UFC Interim Welterweight champion Carlos Condit with a knee to the face in the virtual octagon. After the match, Murray joked, 'Somebody get him some coffee to wake up.'"

"It's very realistic," Murray said. "I've been a couple of fights and with the intros, the music and how they look, it's all real. Also when you're getting hit, you can see it happening. It's pretty good."
Murray wants to be Cowboy 'forever' Murray wants to be Cowboy 'forever' Reviewed by Mr. DCStands4 on 8:00:00 AM Rating: 5

#Cowboys TV